Saturday, July 20, 2013

The ultimate regimen

782:

My decision and daily reinforcement of that decision, to boycott everything from the animal-based food production line, is based on what I once considered an uncomfortable philosophy. But as soon as I started to live by it, it all turned into something entirely comfortable.
            I didn’t realise that the magic of something so simple (in this case a plant-based food regime) could make me so confident, to willingly re-make this one decision, every day. Ever since I let my membership of ‘The Killing Club’ lapse I’ve been able to dance and eat at the same time.
            Surely, the most happy feeling anyone can imagine is being in love. But isn’t that feeling just part of a whole family of feelings, part of which includes no longer hurting animals just to enjoy certain foods. That set of unselfish feelings is possible for us in the West, simply because we are lucky enough to have choice. With the benefit of education we know about good nutrition and we have the choice of what foods to eat and what regimen to follow

No comments: