Thursday, September 14, 2017

Moving Day


2075:

Free-willed humans guard their own space. No one gets in without permission. Vegans may want a chance to influence others’ thinking, but is that going to happen? We, as advocates for the ‘forgotten ones’, want to get inside the omnivore’s head, rearrange a few parts, get them to see things another way. But we go nowhere without their permission. We may want to give our omnivore friends our best shot, but first we have to encourage them into thinking, and thinking big.

I’m planning on driving over to your place, along rough roads. I’m still at home. I’m searching for my car keys. I find them, I turn on the ignition, the car actually works, the machine will get me there. In specific ways, I know the roads. My machine functions well on these roads. I’m travelling over towards your place. But all the way? Why not meet half way. Perhaps your car’s not good on these difficult roads. And the car’s a bit rickety anyway.

So, I’m going all the way, to meet you. I’m on the move. We discussed meeting half way but decided my car is good on these roads. So why don’t I come all the way over. At least I’ve got you thinking about a half-way meeting. Where we meet is irrelevant. As long as there’s some thinking-about-it-movement. As long as I can hear the sound of your car engine, I’ll know we’re both getting somewhere.

No comments: