Sunday, June 29, 2014

Energy maximising

1096: 

Maybe as vegans we’re convinced about our arguments concerning animal slavery, even though we know it’s going to be a long drawn-out David and Goliath affair.  The odds might seem stacked against us and the tide not turning our way, but we mustn’t be afraid of energy loss from effort-output.

I know I spend time fretting over my ineffectiveness, so I try to steal energy from my other commitments ... but then something else goes short in my life. Relationships get stretched. There’s never enough time to do anything else, well. I’m torn between doing more Animal Rights or spending less more time on ‘other things’, (family and friends, etc.).
         
The original idea of Animal Rights is totally inspiring but eventually it makes a call on our energy, so for my part I keep it well boosted, reading, evidence, to feed my passion and outrage. But if Animal Rights work cuts out a personal life, then the energy balance isn’t right. It’s a hard call, energywise, so where’s the extra supplies of energy to come from? Certainly from vegan food (no crap and stodge) but mostly from the sheer significance of what we are trying to do. So, it’s crucial to get this energy balance into working order since burn-out  - You know the rest!


No comments: