Saturday, June 15, 2013

Don’t trash your ethics

750: 

I’m not only into Animal Rights for the animals’ sake but also for my own. But it separates me from nearly everyone else in that my life is led quite differently, and I don’t want that. But there again, I don’t want to be weighed down by other people’s mistakes.
I go it alone if needs be. I accept that we are all much the same under the skin, but as far as animals go, the eating variety I mean, we’re at different levels of awareness. I’m fairly sure that we can be brought closer to each other, simply by discussing the details of our daily lives; assessing what is important and what is not. It’s all to do with how important certain common activities are, like what food to eat when there’s an ethical dimension to it.
 If we make a mistake about the sort of foods we eat, the consequences can be catastrophic. Some people emphasise the importance of food in relation to their health, but others see the importance of choosing and avoiding certain foods in relation to their ethics. It doesn’t matter how healthy one is if one is daily trashing one’s ethics.


No comments: