Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Debating vegan principle


76:

Why am I so keen to talk about Animal Rights, to alter attitudes and change habits? I like to think it’s a wish to implant a sense of optimism in others - “Go Vegan and Save the Planet”?
            I see potential in vegan principle andI’m busting to talk about it ... but sadly I find no one wants to know. I’m cold-shouldered. Everything is thrown at me to either shut me up or bring me back into the fold. The majority of people are suspicious of us ‘minority types’, saying that we are deluded or even less sincere than we seem. I speak often enough about kindness to animals but maybe I’m not so kindly disposed towards people. 
            Whether that’s true or not, the rejection I often feel makes me try all the harder to come across as a sincere person. And ultimately that’s not such a bad thing. I might need to learn the hard way, that this comes down to not having any ulterior motives. And this is central to my eventual effectiveness.  

No comments: