Thursday, September 24, 2015

"I'm Great and I'm Not Wrong!" (A Human Omnivore Quote)

1494: 

Edited by CJ Tointon
Everyone has a last resort defence shield against humiliation or feelings of invalidation.  "I am me, this is my point of view.  I nail my flag to the mast and defend my position to the last.  I eat animals, always have, always will and it's my right to do so.  I can't agree with you because there's no way my ego is going to submit that easily.  I won't give you the satisfaction.  You won't hear me saying  'I was wrong and you are right'.  Otherwise there'd be no end to it".

And I can almost hear you say to yourself, "And you've been wrong for a long time!!".

The reason why abolitionist arguments must be ignored, is obvious.  Even by showing a glimmering of agreement, you blow it.  You create a wedge for them to follow-through.  You're self-strangling.  With one or two demolishing words, a vegan can knock out any justifications for 'using animals'.  If you agree to even the tiniest vegan argument, it means trouble. Don't show outrage over animal cruelty.  If you do, you paint yourself into a corner.  It means you have to disconnect from all animal cruelty.  And this leads to commitment - to a life of 'non-use-of-animals' and putting things right. 

This is not to everyone's taste, literally.  It's not everyone's cup of tea.  And as far as one can see, it's not even anything anyone else is doing.  "Veganism" is known chiefly as a food thing, particularly involving a lot of food restrictions to do with animals on farms.  The very idea of becoming a vegan means life deteriorating into a 'meal misery' for ever onwards.  We'd be eating veggies to the end of our days and on top of that, we'd lose a lot of friends and associates with whom we once ate.


So, whatever you do, don't go agreeing with these people.  Don't cave in to their pressure and persuasions.  It's like those people who phone from call centres - don't let them in!  "Thanks but no thanks".  It's the same with vegans, the proselytising ones anyway.  Avoid getting into any sort of discussion with them.  They're dangerous.

No comments: