Saturday, February 14, 2015

Background to personal observations

1281: 

I’m glad not to be part of the exploiting classes, even though I sometimes work for them as a handyman in their splendid houses.  I notice how they behave with one another (often rather badly), I notice their extravagant cars, fine clothes and expensive belongings on which they squander huge sums of money.  Perhaps I do envy their wealth a bit and perhaps I have a chip on my shoulder, but I’m also glad not to be too closely involved with them because of the ways they make their money.  They are not paragons of concern for the people they employ, but more so, they never seem to be too fussy about the resources they exploit.

What I do notice about these people is that their rule-number-one is “succeed or perish”.  They face fierce competition from their competitors, and if they don’t succeed they know they’ll suffer most from letting down their shareholders.  Conscience has to take second place.  Their credo is an economic one; they are not famous for making decisions based on ethics.  They suffer stress, they never seem to be truly happy and in so many ways, in spite of their material advantages, their lives are unenviable.  But so be it.  It’s none of my concern.  I’m probably working in their homes or businesses, doing my thing, and I’m not there to make judgements of them.  

Unless what they make their money from are animals, and then, because the animals concerned have no protection, I want to make it my business to expose their exploiters.
         

Today’s shareholders in the animal food and clothing industries demand good dividends.  'The Business' must therefore attempt to monopolise the market and send its competitors broke if it can.  The Exploiters will, of course, take any opportunity and play every dirty trick in the book to keep their advantage.  If they can stay afloat they’ll do whatever is necessary to keep their customers and shareholders happy.  It all becomes more pernicious when these businesses are food-based and where they exploit both humans and animals.  These people I would definitely NOT work for, even in their homes. 

No comments: