Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The hardest decisions

1152:

When I decided to think seriously about my own ‘animal mindset’ (seeing animals as an acceptable source of food and other commodities) I had to decide what to DO.  It came down to one question leading to another, and another:
Could I handle such a dramatic alteration of a lifetime’s habit?
If I did have a strong enough willingness-to-change, could I then go on to drum up support from others? 
Was I more interested in my own personal development or more interested in helping others to change consciousness?
And then onto the next ‘hardest decision’:
Could I stop using disapproval, guilt, shame or other emotional-blackmail to frighten others into change. 

Going vegan takes you from food to wanting to talk about food, and then talk about a lot of other things.  You might succeed in making the jump to plant food but you may fail when it comes to talking about it, leading onto the whole subject of Animal Rights.  If you do try to speak about the Animal Rights and the Vegan Diet, people get very sensitive when you suggest they change. 

I’ve decided to approach others with mild suggestions only.


No comments: