Monday, February 13, 2012

Information is optimism

411a:

So much becomes clear when you see it through a vegan’s eyes. On the one hand we see all too clearly the horror of animal abuse and, on the other, the brilliant breakthrough plant foods represent. It’s worth becoming vegan just for that one insight.
Young people (and a few older ones too) might already be there and already be getting some insights by looking for them and finding them. The raw information is certainly available, and for those who can use technology the essentials can be picked up in a matter of moments. Even very young people may already know more than we older ones, about certain important things.
Here we have people already networking information, in readiness for that day when really important information is the ‘cluing-up’ essential to take more control of one’s personal lives. One’s future. And that, like nothing else, brings a sense of optimism into our lives.
Once I became surer of my ground (where I was no longer being exposed to misinformation and dodgy eatables) I felt my own self-confidence grow … and I think that showed in my demeanour. Who knows, it might have even made me more attractive. Once I was confidently addressing the big problems of the day, I was keen to network what I was finding out. Then I felt at least half way to solving many of my own main problems. I felt half way towards becoming a repairing individual, because I was working to realise an optimistic society. No, I wasn’t part of the present society, I was in fact moving away from it, but I felt as though I belonged more comfortably to a society that was to come.

No comments: