Thursday, February 17, 2011

Powerlessness

Wednesday 16th February 2011
By bringing such a powerful element of faith into the picture we can branch out, help others, etc.
“This”, you say “is all very well, but what about me and my own interest? How would such daily altruisms make me feel? Have you taken into account my burning anger, my sensitivity (that forces me to act on what I read and what I’m told or what I’ve seen with my own eyes). “
We as ordinary people don’t know what to do when we’re burning up inside. The animals … one has the deepest rage about it. One is in a perpetually shocked state at what some humans are allowed to do to animals. How does it make me feel when they get away with it? How does it feel that they have all the power (to continue) and we don’t? Our rage is about how the vegan-animal-rights movement is so unconnected to power. We don’t influence things. All we can do is protest publically or act illegally to stop things continuing. Whereas for omnivores - all they have to do is maintain their present position. And relax. They act completely legally.

No comments: